The second in a series of three, this post will pick up where the first post (Keyword Research App Store Optimization) left off. We’ll focus on how to pick the right set of keywords and get the highest number of downloads possible.
To summarize, try to avoid:
- Leaving spare characters Apple gives you 100 characters for keywords. Make sure to take advantage of all of them.
- Using an incorrect format A common mistake when formatting keywords is to include phrases instead of separate keywords.
- Picking keywords that will rank your app below the fold Avoid keywords that will cause your app to live one or two scrolls below the fold.
- Picking low-traffic keywords You can identify the keywords people search by paying for services like Searchmanseo, or using Google search as a proxy.
- Including your brand as a keyword It’s a keyword by default.
- Including singular and plural versions of a word If you include a keyword like “notebook”, your app will rank in both “notebook” and “notebooks” searches. There you have it. Six quick and effective steps to make your app perform better in searches, and hopefully, downloads.