The fact that sales representatives are increasingly using tablets during the sales process is reflective of a growing trend. Take sales reps in the medical industry for example. A research report conducted in 2012, consulted 1,819 doctors and found that 65% of them reported seeing sales reps using iPads. This is a significant increase from the 30% in 2011, and underscores the growing rate of iPads as a sales tool.
iPads open a world of new practices that were not possible before. One thing is using an iPad to merely show pictures and another is creating an experience that is truly different for the customer. For the medical sales reps it was the latter. Below is what happened when they added the iPad’s touch feature as a new experience in the sales process with doctors. The results of the Manhattan’s Research report show that:
“Physicians who touched a sales reps’ iPad were significantly more likely to have a satisfactory experience, and more likely to say the experience influenced their clinical decisions”
This may be a good time to ask yourself if your sales team is using the iPad to engage with clients in new ways, or if they are replicating the same behaviors as before but simply using a new tool.
The following are 5 ideas of how iPad apps for sales teams can be used to elevate the entire sales process:
In summary, we believe that iPads can be an effective tool to:
- Share your team’s top selling skills
- Focus your communications by highlighting your most important points
- Train and share updates instantly that are accessible via multiple devices
- Ensure clarity by sending 100% of the message– including the presenter’s voice
- Close the deal by monitoring client engagement to see who has reviewed your messages